Friday, September 23, 2011

Messy Munchkin

This months kit from Studio Calico was called Glee!  While I'm not a fan of the show, I was a huge fan of this kit! I loved the colours, the patterns, all the embellishments and Amy Tangerine products.  With that said, I struggled at first on what to make with all these gorgeous things (I blame that on the hubby being gone for almost 2 months and me having mom brain!), but as soon as I put this layout together, inspiration and ideas have flooded my head! So thank goodness its a super rainy day here, because I think I may just spend part of the day in my scrapbook room creating!


I used my my Sew Easy Sew Easy with the Burst attachment to make the teal starburst on the chevron paper. I love my Sew Easy and its super easy to use, but my best advice is to make sure you buy the piercing mat that goes with it! It makes a huge difference!  Also my other advice is to practice and watch the video to get lots of tips! To get the bursts straight I ran the Sew Easy along a ruler.  I used Zing Embossing powder in black for the camera, and in metallic purple for the word "oh snap!"


For the title I used the Amy Tangerine Thickers that came with the kit.  For the word "munchkin" I painted it using Mister Hueys Bonny Blue.  I also sprayed the kraft paper with Mister Hueys Warm Calico.  Thanks for checking out my latest layout.  Let me know what you think!



5 comments:

  1. oh that teal starbursts drew your eyes right in! love it, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing about the video! I'll be checking that out! Your layout is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!
    ~megan klauer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout and the sewing just adds that "something special" to you project!!!! I just recently bought my "sew easy". Now I want to put it use!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rounded squares really drew me in! I LOVE a good misted background. BTW..."Munchkin" is my oldest son's nickname...he'll be 20 on the first!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...